Sherried Mushroom Soup
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound shallots, coarsely chopped
- 6 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces mushrooms)
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
PreparationTo prepare broth, melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add thyme and shallots; cook 10 minutes or until shallots are golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and porcini mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour. Strain broth mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
Return broth mixture to pan. Stir in shiitake mushrooms and sherry; cook 10 minutes over low heat. Stir in chives. Serve immediately.
Note: Make the broth up to four days ahead and refrigerate. Just before serving, add the shiitakes, sherry, and chives, and heat the mixture.
Curried Chicken Salad
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
PreparationCombine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and chill.
Y'all clever enough to change any ingredients . It's just a recipe . You can make your own :) enjoy !