Prep: 10 min., Freeze: 2 hrs. To make strong brewed coffee, use 3 tablespoons coffee grounds to 1 cup water.
Yield: Makes 3 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chocolate shavings
PreparationStir together coffee, sugar, and 1 tablespoon milk in a small glass measuring cup. Pour into ice cube trays, and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
Process coffee ice cubes, 1 1/4 cups milk, and chocolate syrup in a blender until smooth. Dollop evenly with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
Freeze the cubed mango overnight in an airtight container to make this smoothie a snap to throw together (for variety, try substituting frozen berries for the mango). Remember to let frozen mango thaw for 15 minutes to soften slightly. The dry milk is optional, but one tablespoon provides about 100 milligrams of calcium.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
PreparationArrange the mango cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze until firm (about 1 hour). Place frozen mango and the remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth.
Y'all clever enough to change any ingredients . It's just a recipe . You can make your own :) enjoy !