Sweet And Sour Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted chopped cashews
PreparationHeat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, ginger, red pepper, and chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken mixture from pan; set aside.
Add onion, celery, and bell pepper to pan, and sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
Add 1 cup pineapple chunks to pan; cook 30 seconds.
Reserve remaining pineapple for another use.
Combine the reserved 1/2 cup juice, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, and sugar in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
Return chicken mixture to pan.
Stir in juice mixture; bring to boil.
Cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with cashews.
To save time, cut the chicken into pieces while you wait for the pan to heat. Serve over long-grain white rice.
there you go . I'm done !
haha . try it at home :)
as for now , I'm still confused about my studies !